Skip to content

Leadership

FORT MADISON, IOWA

Community Leadership

Each member of our team has been carefully selected. We first seek out individuals that embrace our core values: professionalism, integrity, commitment and compassion. Additionally, empathy, great communication and willingness to go the extra mile are key attributes for anyone tasked with serving the residents of one of our communities. 

Sarah Martin

Executive Director

Sarah Martin took charge of The Kensington in Fort Madison in May 2022. Prior to joining the team, she was the Executive Director at another local senior living community. She spent more than 12 years with her previous company, in a variety of roles including Executive Director.

After being inspired to pursue a career in senior living after caring for her grandmother, Sarah started in the industry in a dining service role. Her talent and dedication helped her rise through the ranks before soon, she was in charge of the entire community.

A passionate advocate for seniors, Sarah enjoys giving back to the population,  ensuring their days are enjoyable and they receive the exceptional care they deserve.

In her free time, Sarah enjoys spending time with family and friends, in particular, her two nephews. Her two dogs, Guido and Zeus, are the light of her life. Additionally, she enjoys following the Green Bay Packers and the St. Louis Cardinals. 

"I am thrilled to be leading The Kensington team. I chose to work here because I believe in their philosophy and their commitment to treating employees like family. Although I've worked in the healthcare field and senior living for many years, I've never felt as at home as I do now!"

Cindy Greer

Senior Living Consultant

Cindy Greer is the Senior Living Consultant at The Kensington. She spends time getting to know prospective residents and their families, listening to their concerns and needs, and ultimately helping them determine if The Kensington will be their new home. 

A veteran of senior care, Cindy spent time as a caregiver before an elevation to Memory Care Manager in our in-house memory care neighborhood, Primrose Path. After nearly 16 years in this role, Cindy decided to explore a new career path and took on her current role. Her experience caring for residents and staying in good communication with families allows for a natural transition to Senior Living Consultant. 

Cindy is a Certified Dementia Practitioner, an Assisted Living Manager, a Virtual Dementia Tour Facilitator and a graduate of the Lee County Leadership Academy and the ICAL Leadership Academy. She enjoys working at an Agemark community because of the company’s mission: treating everyone like family. 

Speaking of family, Cindy enjoys spending time with her own! She and her husband, Eric, are parents of two: Krisama and Kadeeyn. She particularly loves following her children’s athletic teams. Together, they make their home in Niota, Illinois.

"Residents in our care have truly become my family...and their families become extended family. I love this! Family is so important to me and to have that feeling both at work and at home is a true blessing."

Autumn Bowen

Administrative Assistant

Sarah Davis

Life Enrichment Coach – Assisted Living

Amanda Dodson, RN

Director of Nursing

Amanda Dodson joined The Kensington in January 2022. In her role as Director of Nursing at the community, she oversees wellness staff and works diligently to ensure the physical wellness of all residents who make The Kensington their home.

Previously, Amanda was a staff nurse in corrections and also was employed at a local hospital, where she has a variety of experience in the ER, Surgery, Critical Care and Intensive Care. 

A Registered Nurse and a Certified Dementia Practitioner, Amanda attended Carl Sandberg College and Southeastern Community College. 

Amanda and her family make their home in Fort Madison. 

"I'm honored for the opportunity to work for such a great company. Agemark and The Kensington succeed at putting residents and staff first. The residents and staff here are like family, which makes me love my job!"

Shandra Eastin, LPN

Licensed Practical Nurse

A long-time veteran of long-term care, Shandra Eastin helps ensure the physical wellness of residents as a nurse at our community. 

Shandra received a CNA certificate from Southeastern Community College, a program that she began while still in high school. She began working at The Kensington in 2007, while simultaneously completing her nursing degree. She is also a Certified Dementia Practitioner. 

Shandra and her husband have two children, a son and a daughter. Her husband is a firefighter in Fort Madison. As a family, they enjoy spending time together, cooking and trying new foods, traveling, following the Chicago Cubs and enjoying live music. , 

"I love caring for seniors. I love feeling like I'm making a difference in their lives and I get a lot of satisfaction from helping those who are near the end of their life journey. We're tasked with helping make each of their days as special and as meaningful as possible and providing the quality of life they deserve."

Rusty French

Maintenance Supervisor

Donald “Rusty” French is The Kensington’s hands-on handyman. He ensures our community is in tip-top shape, addressing any needs that arise, no matter how big or small. 

Prior to The Kensington, he was self-employed, specializing in remolding. He also worked for a painting contractor for three years. Before that, he worked at Shaeffer Pen Co. for 26 years as a set-up operator. 

Rusty was inspired to work at The Kensington because his own parents were residents! Living just four blocks away, his commute is short, but his heart and commitment span far for the residents of the community, who make every day a joy for him. 

Born on the East Coast, but raised in Fort Madison and a graduate of Fort Madison High, Rusty and his wife have four adult children and six grandchildren. He enjoys spending time in church, building hot rods and glass etching. 

"I started working here for simple reasons - it was close to home. I'd never worked in senior living before, but it quickly became the only place I wanted to be and I never want to leave! I'm here for our residents - they make it such a joy to come to work. Our community and company, Agemark, treat people how I hope I'm treated when I'm older and in need of senior care."

Krisama Greer

Memory Care Manager

Rachel Kniffen

Wellness Assistant

Austin Wacker

Culinary Service Manager

Bobbi West

Life Enrichment Coach 

Career Opportunities

Interested in a career in senior living? We’re often looking to add talented members of our team. At The Kensington, we choose employees who emulate the values that we hold as a company: Compassion, Commitment, Professionalism and Integrity. If this describes you, apply for an opportunity today.