Skip to content

Leadership

FORT MADISON, IOWA

Community Leadership

Each member of our team has been carefully selected. We first seek out individuals that embrace our core values: professionalism, integrity, commitment and compassion. Additionally, empathy, great communication and willingness to go the extra mile are key attributes for anyone tasked with serving the residents of one of our communities. 

Leia Morrison

Executive Director

Leia Morrison has served as Executive Director of The Kensington since April 2018. She brings years of experience working in senior living to her role leading the talented Kensington team. 

Leia holds true passion for giving back to seniors and considers her greatest and most important job ensuring that residents of The Kensington are living life fully while in our care. 

In her free time, Leia stays busy spending time with her family and friends. She enjoys being in the great outdoors.

"I love what I do because we can give back to those who have given to us in so many ways. My job is to make sure that our residents love living here and our staff love working here. I learn something new every day and work with some amazing people. We get to make a positive difference in the lives of everyone we touch!"

Cindy Greer

Senior Living Consultant

Cindy Greer is the Senior Living Consultant at The Kensington. She spends time getting to know prospective residents and their families, listening to their concerns and needs, and ultimately helping them determine if The Kensington will be their new home. 

A veteran of senior care, Cindy spent time as a caregiver before an elevation to Memory Care Manager in our in-house memory care neighborhood, Primrose Path. After nearly 16 years in this role, Cindy decided to explore a new career path and took on her current role. Her experience caring for residents and staying in good communication with families allows for a natural transition to Senior Living Consultant. 

Cindy is a Certified Dementia Practitioner, an Assisted Living Manager, a Virtual Dementia Tour Facilitator and a graduate of the Lee County Leadership Academy and the ICAL Leadership Academy. She enjoys working at an Agemark community because of the company’s mission: treating everyone like family. 

Speaking of family, Cindy enjoys spending time with her own! She and her husband, Eric, are parents of two: Krisama and Kadeeyn. She particularly loves following her children’s athletic teams. Together, they make their home in Niota, Illinois.

"Residents in our care have truly become my family...and their families become extended family. I love this! Family is so important to me and to have that feeling both at work and at home is a true blessing."

Shandra Eastin

Licensed Practical Nurse 

A long-time veteran of long-term care, Shandra Eastin serves as The Kensington’s LPN. Her her role, she contributes to ensuring that residents are thriving physically while living in our community.

Shandra received a CNA certificate from Southeastern Community College, a program that she began while still in high school. She began working at The Kensington in 2007, while simultaneously completing her nursing degree. She is also a Certified Dementia Practitioner. 

Shandra and her husband have two children, a son and a daughter. Her husband is a firefighter in Fort Madison. As a family, they enjoy spending time together, cooking and trying new foods, traveling, following the Chicago Cubs and enjoying live music. 

"I love caring for seniors. I love feeling like I'm making a difference in their lives and I get a lot of satisfaction from helping those who are near the end of their life journey. We're tasked with helping make each of their days as special and as meaningful as possible and providing the quality of life they deserve."

Mandi Garcia, RN-BC

Wellness Coordinator

Mandi Garcia has worked for The Kensington for a decade. In fact, this was her first full time job! She has worked with seniors from young age, first helping her aunt, who was a nurse at a local nursing home. Mandi would spend time assisting the activities director and visiting residents and in turn, developed a love for serving seniors.

She spent two-years taking undergraduate classes at the University of Iowa before transferring to Mount Mercy College, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing. While in school at Iowa, she worked at a skilled nursing facility for two years. She was also employed at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City for four years while attending Mount Mercy College. During school, she was a student nurse tech, where she was exposed to many specialties while serving in a floating position. She completed an internship at Mercy Hospital where she worked in the ICU and on the Telemetry floor. 

Mandi is board-certified in Gerontological Nursing, a certification that requires an RN license, an individual to practice as an RN for at least two years and perform at least 2,000 hours of service in gerontological nursing. She was also required to take 30 hours of classroom instruction within a three-year time-period and pass a 175-question written exam given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Fewer than 1% of nurses nationwide hold this certification. Additionally, she is a Certified Dementia Practitioner and an IPOST (Iowa Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment) facilitator. 

Mandi and her husband, Chuy, have two sons, Greyson and Sawyer. The family owns Cash Setters, where they breed and train Llewellin Setters (a hunting dog). This venture has taken the family all over the United States – hunting, delivering dogs to new owners and meeting new people.

"I love Agemark's philosophy: treat everyone like family! It is truly the heart of what we do here at The Kensington. We are one big family - employees plus the residents in our care. It is great to work for a company that has a mission I wholeheartedly believe in!"

Career Opportunities

Interested in a career in senior living? We’re often looking to add talented members of our team. At The Kensington, we choose employees who emulate the values that we hold as a company: Compassion, Commitment, Professionalism and Integrity. If this describes you, apply for an opportunity today.