Skip to content

Leadership

DICKINSON, NORTH DAKOTA

Community Leadership

Each member of our team has been carefully selected. We first seek out individuals that embrace our core values: professionalism, integrity, commitment and compassion. Additionally, empathy, great communication and willingness to go the extra mile are key attributes for anyone tasked with serving the residents of one of our communities. 

Darla Baranko

Executive Director

Since 2007, Darla Baranko has overseen Evergreen Senior Living and Basic Care. She first joined the community in 1994. Under her leadership, Evergreen was named Agemark’s “Assisted Living Community of the Year” in 2008, 2010, 2014, 2018 and 2019. Additionally, the community has been regularly recognized for maintaining high community census, and has been a regular recipient of Agemark’s “Candy Dish” award, which recognizes the communities with high satisfaction from residents and families. Darla was Agemark’s “Director of the Year” in 2008.

Darla gained a loved for caring for seniors during a college internship at an assisted living residence in Fargo, a passion remains strong to this day. After earning a Bachelor’s degree in Human Development with a minor in Gerontology, she worked at a memory care community in Bismarck before joining team Evergreen. Darla enjoys making a positive difference in the lives of seniors in her care, including her mother, who has lived at Evergreen since 2013!

A native of Dickinson, Darla and her husband, Tom, enjoy camping, gardening, taking long walks and spending time with family. She’s a “cat mom” to three – Chuck, Sam and Sophie. She loves North Dakota, but hopes to someday spend her winters somewhere warm – preferably Arizona!

"You can learn so much from even the smallest amount of time spent with a senior. I'm so blessed to be able to provide companionship and love for the seniors who make Evergreen their second home."

Brooke Brew

Senior Living Consultant

Brooke began working at Evergreen in 1999, completely by chance. After a hailstorm that affected the Dickinson community, Brooke volunteered with cleanup at Evergreen. Everyone from the community proved so friendly and welcoming that Brooke decided to join the team herself. After serving in various roles including housekeeping,  resident care and administration, she became the Senior Living Consultant in January 2020.

In her current role, Brooke walks hand-in-hand with residents and families considering Evergreen for themselves or their loved one. She’s tasked with getting to know prospects and families on a personal level, listening carefully, assessing their needs and determining if Evergreen will be the perfect fit as their next home.

Brooke has always loved serving seniors. She volunteered at a local nursing home while in grade school, which led to a job during her high school years. She is a Certified Dementia Practitioner and a past recipient of Agemark’s “Hero” award, given to a select few of Agemark’s exceptional staff members each year. 

A lifelong resident of Dickinson, Brooke has a son, AJ, and daughter-in-law, Anna. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, completing DIY projects, hunting and traveling. 

" I absolutely love working with seniors. I find them to be a wealth of knowledge and I love hearing their stories. I'm very fortunate to be able to help them find their next home at Evergreen."

Cindy Bailey

Administrative Assistant/Life Enrichment Assistant

Cindy Bailey serves a dual role at Evergreen as both an Administrative Assistant and Life Enrichment Assistant. Her responsibilities are vital to keeping our community operationally sound as well as ensuring the happiness of residents in our care.

She’s spent nearly a decade as a member of the Evergreen team, beginning first in a housekeeping role before earning her current position. Prior to working at our community, Cindy served in several roles for the Casper, Wyoming, School District, as assistant to the principal, an office manager and paraeducator. 

Although she’d never worked in (or heard of!) assisted living prior to working for our community, she quickly developed a passion for working with seniors. She enjoys creating great relationships with residents and loves making a difference in their lives.

Cindy and her husband have been married for 29 years. They have two daughters and two grandchildren – one is on the way! She loves gardening, planting flowers, camping and trail riding.

" I am so proud to work for Agemark. They make residents, resident families and staff all a priority. I get an amazing feeling every time I walk through the door of our community!"

Missy Calhoun

Dining Services Manager

Missy joined team Evergreen in 2012. As Dining Services Manager, she shares love with Evergreen residents through her delicious homemade culinary creations.

A 13-year employee of the food industry, including a 10-year stint as assistant manager of a Pizza Hut franchise, Missy was seeking a career change. She found her calling at Evergreen, where she feels appreciated by residents each day and takes pleasure in a job that “doesn’t feel like work.” She relishes spending time with her coworkers as well as the residents of our community. 

In 2020, Missy was chosen as an Agemark “Hero”, one of only six out of nearly 800 employees to be recognized with the honor.

"I decided to join the Agemark Family because of their beliefs, what they stand for and how they treat employees and residents. The staff I work with are the best of the best!"

Linda Hanel

Life Enrichment Coach

Linda began her career at Evergreen in 1990. In her role, she helps ensure the social, intellectual and spiritual wellness of all residents in her care. A pioneer of Agemark’s Life Cycles program, she’s worked diligently to improve upon resident experience since her start at Evergreen. Under her guidance, residents enjoy spending time cooking, crafting, exercising, playing games, taking trips and outings, enjoying church and chapel services and much more.

A graduate of North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, she earned an Associate’s degree in Occupational Therapy and is a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA). 

Linda and her husband have been married for 42 years. They have three daughters. Together, they enjoy camping and traveling.

"I absolutely love working with seniors. Bringing them joy and adding fun to their days is incredibly rewarding for me. I'm so happy I'm a part of such an amazing team at Evergreen."

Dawn Kolling

Wellness Director

Dawn has worked at Evergreen for nearly 17 years, starting first as a staff nurse before her elevation to Wellness Director in 2009. In her current role, Dawn works with a team of talented caregivers to ensure the physical wellness of all Evergreen residents. Dawn’s own mother was a former resident of Evergreen.

She began her healthcare career as a CNA in skilled nursing, working while simultaneously completing her Associates degree in Nursing. For the next 13 years, she worked in both skilled nursing as well as part-time at a local hospital. Dawn has always loved working with seniors, hearing their stories and cherishing the time spent in their presence. 

Dawn and her husband, Kevin, have been married for 48-years. They are parents to four living children and grandparents of eight. The family loves spending time together.

"Working here was truly 'meant to be'. I was drawn to our caring and dedicated family of coworkers - it still feels the same today as it did when I first started here. I continue to work here because we truly are a family!"

Pam Nicklous

Housekeeping Supervisor

Pam has worked at Evergreen for 25 years. Prior to her career at the community, she worked at Flint Engineering for three years. She then stayed home to raise her children, and owned a daycare from 1992-1995.

Pam enjoys spending time with residents of Evergreen, who always put a smile on her face. In 2013, Pam was a recipient of Agemark’s “Hero” Award.

A native of Dickinson, Pam and her husband, Perry, have two children, Jay and Jen, and two grandchildren, Anna and Alex. In her free time, she enjoys reading, gardening, crafting and spending time with her grandchildren. 

"I think the fact that I've been here 25 years says a lot about the company and people who work at Agemark! I love our residents and my coworkers."

Career Opportunities

Interested in a career in senior living? We’re often looking to add talented members of our team. At Evergreen, we choose employees who emulate the values that we hold as a company: Compassion, Commitment, Professionalism and Integrity. If this describes you, apply for an opportunity today.