Skip to content

Leadership

CUMBERLAND, MARYLAND

Community Leadership

Each member of our team has been carefully selected. We first seek out individuals that embrace our core values: professionalism, integrity, commitment and compassion. Additionally, empathy, great communication and willingness to go the extra mile are key attributes for anyone tasked with serving the residents of one of our communities. 

Nicole King

Executive Director

Nicole has served as Executive Director of The Kensington since May 2018. She also leads CountryHouse Residence for Memory Care, a memory-care specific community also owned by Agemark Senior Living.

Nicole discovered her passion for senior care while working as a CountryHouse caregiver, and then left to earn a nursing degree. After gaining experience in long term care, Nicole returned to work as a Nurse at The Kensington for one year before taking the helm as Director for CountryHouse in 2014 and eventually rising to lead both communities. The Kensington and CountryHouse work closely together to provide exceptional care for residents of each community.

Nicole enjoys spending time with her husband, Ted and her three daughters. She volunteers for Relay for Life and participates in fundraising efforts for local women’s shelters.

“Senior care is my calling. I’m committed to giving the very best care to our residents and families, and helping our residents experience joy each and every day. I want to be there in all times of need — whatever it may be.”

Danny Bloskey

Maintenance Supervisor

Stephanie Case

Director of Nursing

Stephanie Case, RN, started at The Kensington in May of 2018. In her role as Director of Nursing, she helps ensure the physical wellness of all residents in our care. Stephanie brings years of experience in nursing to our community, with previous roles in progressive care, telemetry, cardiac care, ICU, surgery, respiratory care and OB/postpartum/nursery. Nursing is her passion, and Stephanie enjoys being there for others in their time of need.

Stephanie attended Allegany College of Maryland, where she received a CNA certification before moving on to earn an Associates degree in Science. She became a registered nurse in 2015. She is also a certified Case Manager and a Certified Dementia Practitioner.

A native of Cumberland, Stephanie has been married to James for more than 20 years. They have three children, Trenton, Raegan and Logan. She loves spending time outdoors, walking her dog, Bella, and being with family. She is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her first grandchild.

“What I love most about my job is being a part of a company who values integrity and compassion and whose mission is to make the best out of every day. I love seeing someone who is apprehensive about leaving their home and moving to assisted living truly thrive in our care.”

Rebecca Donnellan

Life Enrichment Coach

Becky Donnellan is the Life Enrichment Coach for both The Kensington and sister community, CountryHouse. Prior to becoming a Life Enrichment Coach, she was the Senior Living Consultant for four years. Her passion is serving seniors and helping make a difference in their lives. Before joining our community, she worked at the Allegany County Human Resource Development Commission, worked in marketing for Allegany County Daycares and was an activity assistant at a local nursing home.

Becky has two grown children, Caleb and Jaden, and two grandchildren. She enjoys spending time outside, landscaping, hiking, fishing and going on scenic drives. She also coaches middle school volleyball and volunteers with the Alzheimer’s Association. Additionally, she enjoys spending time with her mother, who is 84 and very independent.

“I had worked in senior care for many years before choosing to be a stay at home mom when I had my children. As they got older I got stir crazy! So I applied for a job at The Kensington. I thank God every day for being given this opportunity to work for Agemark. I am so proud to be part of the Agemark Family.”

Karen Farrell

Life Enrichment Coach

Susan Flanagan

Dietary Supervisor

For nearly 30 years, Susan Flanagan has been a valued member of The Kensington team. In her role, she spreads love through the creation of delicious homemade meals, providing nutrition as well as the hearts of all Kensington residents.

Prior to her time in our community, she worked at City Hospital in West Virginia and St. Patrick’s in Cumberland. Susan loves spending time with older individuals and truly delights in hearing their stories and helping make them smile.

She and her husband, David, have two sons, Warren and Richard, as well as eight grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family, watching the Steelers and playing games such as Bingo.

“I came to The Kensington and Agemark not knowing what to expect. And I can say with honesty, this is the most fulfilling job I could ever ask for. We aren’t just employees and coworkers - we’re a family. That means so much to me.”

Roger Kidwell

Maintenance Supervisor

Brenda Miller

Administrative Assistant

Yvonne Spilker

HR Assistant

Ashley Hofland

Regional Director of Operations

Ashley Hofland joined the Agemark team in August 2023. She brings two years of experience as a Regional Operations Manager for Primrose Retirement Community. Before making a career shift to senior living, Ashley was a Senior Parole Agent, a Program Director for Boys & Girls Club and worked in Child Protection Services. 

Ashley earned a bachelor’s degree in Child Development & Family Services from North Dakota State University. She makes her home in Aberdeen, SD, with her husband, Nick and their three children. 

Career Opportunities

Interested in a career in senior living? We’re often looking to add talented members of our team. At The Kensington, we choose employees who emulate the values that we hold as a company: Compassion, Commitment, Professionalism and Integrity. If this describes you, apply for an opportunity today.