Skip to content

Leadership

BEATRICE, NEBRASKA

Community Leadership

Each member of our team has been carefully selected. We first seek out individuals that embrace our core values: professionalism, integrity, commitment and compassion. Additionally, empathy, great communication and willingness to go the extra mile are key attributes for anyone tasked with serving the residents of one of our communities. 

Jill Strouf

Executive Director

Jill has served as Director of The Kensington since 2015. She boasts a wide-range of experience working with seniors, starting first as a volunteer as a teenager and then as a nurse before moving into roles in senior living administration. Her passion is ensuring those in her care experience joy each day.

Jill is a Licensed Practical Nurse, a certified Assisted Living Administrator and is also a Certified Dementia Practitioner. In 2020, she was named Agemark Senior Living’s Director of the Year.

A native of Beatrice, Jill and her husband Matt have two daughters, Axley and Oakley. Together, the family lives on an acreage outside of DeWitt. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family, especially during outdoor activities.

"At Agemark communities, employees are treated with respect. Our company values you as an individual and give you the support you need to succeed. Our owners are present and well-known in our communities. That hands-on leadership is amazing!"

Cindy Little

Director of Dining

Cindy began working at The Kensington in 2007. She has 45 years of food service experience, including owning her own cafe in Adams, Nebraska. As The Kensington’s Director of Dining, she’s responsible for leading a team that lovingly prepares homemade dishes for residents to enjoy.

She attended Southeast Community College, where her studies included food service, preparation techniques, nutrition, menu planning, diet planning and management.

A native of Bridgeport, NE, Cindy and her husband Tom reside on a farm in the small community of Crab Orchard. They have five daughters: Pam, Kim, Amy, Shawna and Paula (deceased). Her nine grandchildren are her life’s joy!

"I love serving and caring for others. Our residents are my extended family. I'm proud to help make a difference in their lives and to help them live as independently as possible."

Kim Pahl

Director of Nursing

Kim joined the Kensington team as Director of Nursing in September 2019. In her role, she oversees care staff and helps ensure wellness for all residents of The Kensington. 

Previously, she worked as a hospice case manager for six years. She earned a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nursing from Clarkson College and a Masters of Science in Nursing with a focus in Leadership from Nebraska Wesleyan.

In her free time, Kim loves spending time with her family, including her three sons, Asher, Kason and Brennen.

"I chose to work for an Agemark community, because their mission of 'treating everyone like family' truly resonates with me."

Trudy Spicer

Life Enrichment Coach 

Trudy was hired as Life Enrichment Coach for The Kensington in 2010. In her role, she helps ensure that residents are participating in life-enriching activities which address social, spiritual and intellectual wellness.

Prior to her role at The Kensington, Trudy worked at American Tool Company, Hope Crisis Center and at the Beatrice State Developmental Center. Although she had never worked with the elderly in prior roles, she quickly realized how much she enjoyed making a difference in the lives of seniors. She holds an Associate of Arts degree from Southeast Community College and a Bachelor’s degree in Human Relations from Doane College.

Trudy and her fiancee, Denny, love spending time with their 12 grandchildren, including following their sporting events. In addition, she’s a proud pet mom who loves to spoil her dog, Gracie.

"Helping ensure that residents' days are the best they can be truly fills my bucket. Residents of  The Kensington are truly my second family and are so special to me. I love changing their lives!"

Career Opportunities

Interested in a career in senior living? We’re often looking to add talented members of our team. At The Kensington, we choose employees who emulate the values that we hold as a company: Compassion, Commitment, Professionalism and Integrity. If this describes you, apply for an opportunity today.